Recommended ResourcesGeneral ·
Recommended Resources for Students
A non-exhaustive list of resources for students to learn about programming and security.
This list will be expanded as more entries are recommended
- Github - Open-source development collaboration platform
- GitHub Education - Collection of free student offers for dozens of programming resources.
- StackEchange - Collection of Q/A networks
- MIT OpenCourseWare - Free and open access to almost all MIT courseware including textbooks and lectures.
- EDx Free Courses - Free courses from MIT, Harvard, Berkely, and others over a variety of topics. Paid certificates are available but entirely optional.
Privacy and Security
- LetsGetSafe - A simple tool for average people to protect their privacy, from FightForTheFuture.
- EFF’s Surveillance Self Defense - A collection of simplified guides for improving your privacy in a digital age.
- ToR Project - Censorship and surveillance evasion project for whistleblowers, journalists, researchers, and everyone else.
- Open Observatory of Network Interference - Censorship monitoring data and tools for detecting net neutrality violations.
- PrivacyTools.io - A collection of privacy tools and services with information detailing their uses and possible caveats.
- Proton Mail - Swiss-based email provider with strong privacy protections
Career and Education Planning
- Maryville.edu Guide to online Bachelor’s programs - Information on how to choose a career focus and bachelor’s program.
- Your local Makerspace/Hackerspace - A dedicated space full of tools and equipment dedicated to making neat things. Note: Some makerspaces are missing from this map.